Day 243

This time next week I should be sitting on a terrace in Tuscany with a glass of wine and some stunning views. That’s if the airline pilots don’t go on strike or Extinction Rebellion drones shut down the airport. Luckily that sort of thing only happens in London at the bigger popular airports, Newcastle is not one of those. I hope. I know flying is a big no-no now, and it doesn’t fit in with my eco-warrior efforts, but I’m going to forgive myself this time, it’s my present from Phil for making it to 60, an age neither of us thought I would get to. 🤣 Haven’t been on a ‘plane since my trip to see Eddy in Poland 2 1/2 years ago so it’s not a regular happening.

Net year I will be back to driving through to Normandy again which is going to be a pain after Brexit by the sounds of things, green card, International Driving Permit needed at the least, but isn’t going to put me off. Just p**ses me off that it’s going to be necessary.

This week I’ll be washing and ironing holiday clothes, shopping for new stuff ( it’s the law 🙂 ) and trying to decide which cameras and lenses to take- that’s the hardest bit. Also going to be downloading a book to read on the laptop but haven’t decided which one yet. Will need to check with Kim on that 🙂

So a busy week ahead. My hubby announced he was taking me out for posh nosh tonight, a table already booked in an Italian restaurant I’ve not been to before, as we didn’t go out for my 60th. I’m quite spoiled really. But I’m worth it 🤣🤣

day 243 ~ preparations

15 thoughts on “Day 243

  1. Well done to Phil for getting it all sorted! Dinner out, and a lovely holiday too!
    I’m sure you will have a great time in Italy. Don’t even consider the carbon footprint! Royals and posh nobs fly around all the time, even from London to Scotland! It’s only us ‘underclasses’ who are supposed to stay at home!
    Best wishes, Pete.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Ooh Fraggle! This just sounds so lovely. I can’t wait to see the pictures. Books? Hmm, let’s see. *rubbing my hands together gleefully!* As you know I loved The Institute, but that’s not coming out until the 10th, so an earlier Stephen King that’s not horror is 11/22/63. It’s time travel, Lee Harvey Oswald and the JFK assassination, and it’s one of my favorites by him. I also recommend:
    Naked in Death, by J.D. Robb
    The Cabinet of Curiosities, by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
    Where’d You Go Bernadette, by Maria Semple
    Crazy Rich Asians, by Kevin Kwan
    Under the Tuscan Sun, by Frances Mayes
    The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt

    Liked by 1 person

  3. You are working in black and white. (Nice pic, btw.)

    I am working to not be pea green.

    On the other hand, while you are basking under the Tuscan sun, I will be lolling in the Monterey fog.

    Have a wonderful birthday vacation! ❤

    Liked by 1 person

  4. 90% of us fly less than once a year, its the other 10% that are trying to make us feel bad when in fact they are the problem 🙂 Hope you had a great night out, as ever reading in reverse gives me the heads up 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.