Well it’s been a while, and nothing much had changed, but as of midnight tonight the North East of England has gone into ‘local lockdown’. The Corvid cases have risen too far, and the hospitals are beginning to fill up.
Here are our restrictions…
- Meeting people outside your household or support bubble in private homes and gardens is banned (exemptions include attending a birth, visiting someone who is dying, work, education, registered childcare, emergency or care, moving house or child contact arrangements).
- People are advised not to socialise outside their household in public venues.
- Residents should only use public transport for essential purposes, such as going to school or work.
- Pubs, restaurants, cafes to be table service only and all leisure venues must shut at 22:00.
- Holidays are permitted but only with members of your household or support bubble.
- People should not spectate at any grassroots sport or play sport in the restricted areas.
- Schools, colleges and universities remain open.
- Travel outside the area is permitted but visiting another home or garden is not.
- Care homes are closed to non-essential visitors except in end-of-life circumstances.
- There are no local changes to funerals, weddings or religious ceremonies.
So, we can go to work and meet our several work colleagues, but can’t meet our family members if they live in different houses.
We are advised not to socialise in public venues but pubs etc can stay open until 10pm so you can have a drink with all your mates. (Must be because the virus stays out of pubs until 10pm when it rushes in and infects everyone).
Don’t play sports, but if people are, don’t watch them.
You can go on holiday anywhere and do what you want when you get there, but if you travel outside the area you can’t visit anyone’s home and garden when you get there.
Is it any wonder that people up here are rebelling?
Clusterfuck is the word that springs to mind. Shortly followed by bullshit.